INTELLIGENT SYSTEM FOR CONTROLLED AND ASSISTED CALIBRATION OF CONTAINERS IN LOGISTICS 4.0. (RECORD NUMBER: IN852A 2016/115)
The VISIONRACK project addresses the challenge of defining and developing a smart measurement system for the control and calibration in the process of maintenance and manufacturing of logistics containers in the automotive sector, with high precision and efficiency, thanks to artificial vision technology and specific calibration techniques, and the interaction with the operator in this process.
From a technical point of view, the following objectives have been defined:
- Structural definition of the measurement system, determining the number and type of vision cameras, lighting conditions, container layout, etc.
- Determination of input variables for the measurement of containers and analysis of pieces, defining settings and measuring points differentiated according to their specific geometry.
- Development of software and algorithms for data collection and processing, as well as for the management of historical measures, determination of preventive actions and definition of maintenance work.
- Design of the system calibration technique.
- Development of the visioning and graphing system in real time, so that the operator is shown the possible deviations visually on the 3D design of the container, to facilitate repair or readjustment. The indications related to the type of container are also displayed.
The VISIONRACK project consortium consists of three Galicia-based SMEs:
- SYSPRO Engineering S.L.U. (project leader): a company that specializes in process engineering, automation, robotics and artificial vision for the industrial sector.
- IZMAR S.L.U.: a company engaged in the design, manufacture and maintenance of logistics solutions for the automotive sector.
- InfoJC S.L.: company that specializes in information security systems, data management and ICT solutions.
In addition, we have had the collaboration of:
- AIMEN Technological Centre: it undertook the definition of artificial vision algorithms, calculation systems and comparison with tolerance and development of structures for measurement. Development of the visioning and graphing system, system architecture and tests.
This project is subsidized by the Galician Innovation Agency (GAIN), through the Connect SME program, with the support of the Ministry of Economy, Employment and Industry of the Regional Government of Galicia. The project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund under the 2014-2020 ERDF Galicia operational programme and, in particular, Thematic Objective 01: “Boosting research, technological development and innovation.”
Galicia, March 2016 – August 2018
Current status of the project:
The project has concluded. Over a 30-month period, the various activities planned in the project were carried out:
- Initial study and definition of requirements
- Design and development of the measuring and calibration system
- Data handling and smart algorithm
- Prototype development and validation
In the following images one can see the prototype system developed and a sample of the graphic interface. The prototype system handles the data in a secure Cloud environment and has a predictive capability which must be fed with enough cases and measurements to reach its full potential.